It’s award season! Blog awards are super fun – it’s so nice to get that warm fuzzy feeling that someone else out there in cyberland is getting something out of reading your blog. But I think the best part is building a blogger community; I always find great new blogs from reading other lists of nominees and it’s nice to send a shout out to the bloggers I enjoy reading!
I am horrendously behind in responding to nominations. It’s not because I’m not grateful (I am!) or because I don’t want to pay them forward (I do!), but that it’s very energy consuming to write these posts. Energy isn’t something I have a lot of these days, since I started volunteering and taking my meditation class. So, without further ado, I would like thank joynpain2 for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m very flattered to be considered along with the other amazing blogs nominated. If you aren’t following joynpain2 you should! She gives such an honest and inspiring look into the struggle of living with chronic pain!
Here are the rules for the award:
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 Interesting Things about Myself:
1. I taught myself how to juggle in grade 9 (secret yearning to run away and join the circus, maybe?)
2. Before fibro, I traveled to every continent except Australia (and Antarctica)!
3. I used to study and volunteer in the field of international development (particularly HIV prevention and treatment programs in the developing world)
4. I love cats and dogs equally (don’t tell my cat – she has jealousy issues)
5. I am learning how to meditate and trying to do it everyday
6. I’m Canadian but I hate the cold
7. My favourite books to read are mystery novels (without too much gore
Versatile Blogger Award Nominees:
I picked 10 blogs that are relatively new to me which have already caught my interest because of some great content & unique perspective