I’ve been waiting and waiting for the flare up in my shoulders to die down so that I could write several long blog posts accepting the awards that I was so excited to be nominated for! Alas, my body is not being it’s most cooperative self (surprise, surprise) so I am going to mash everything together and break all the rules, but hopefully express some of my thanks to the bloggers that nominated me and my appreciation for the great posts written by bloggers who I like to follow.
First of all, thank you to Jenn over at My Fibrotastic Life for including me as part of her WordPress Family! I think this is a lovely award, and it’s especially true for people living with chronic illness/or pain that the people you meet blogging become an important part of your family of friends. Some of us have a hard time getting out and about to meet up with old friends and some of our friends turn out to be the fair weather type, making blogger friends who go through similar experiences all the more valuable! Jenn’s blog is where you go when you need to put things in a positive perspective. She has a particular talent for staying positive in a way that doesn’t lose touch with the genuine challenges of living with fibro.
I would also like to thank the Nocturnal Laundress for nominating me for the The Dragon’s Loyalty Award. This is one of my favourite blogs! Julie expresses her experiences with chronic pain/illness with honesty and a dash of humour, using personal stories, quotes, and images.
Last but not least, I would like to thank trynabpainfreemomma over at Fibro…Dealing and coping through laughter and tears for nominating me for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award. If you haven’t checked out this great blog, you should! You will find posts about the challenges of living with fibro put into the perspective of learning and growing as a person, despite the obstacles.
I’ve decided to nominate a list of bloggers for both awards! I consider all of these great bloggers part of my WordPress family, and I loyally follow them. So they all deserve the WordPress Family Award, and The Dragon’s Loyalty Award!
Fibro… Dealing and coping through laughter and tears
The rules: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
This award is given to the loyal fan/ commenter who follows and comments regularly on your blog. It can be a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly. And in order to officially accept these awards this is what I must do.
1. Firstly, display the Award on your site. You earned it and you deserve it!
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post.
3. Nominate 15 well deserving bloggers for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site.
4. List seven interesting things about yourself.
The rules: WordPress Family Award
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
7 interesting things about me:
– My favourite TV show is The Good Wife
– Although currently I am fiending on The Mentalist
– During the last year I visited some local art galleries and discovered I really like photography exhibits
– One of my New Years Resolution for 2014 is to meditate daily
– Also, during the last year I enjoyed nerding on all things related to ancient civilizations
– Including the hilarious historical detective series by Elizabeth Peters about archaeologist Amelia Peabody solving murders in Victorian-era Egypt
– My guilty pleasure is Keeping up with the Kardashians (awful, I know, but I can’t help it – don’t judge me)